The role of Groom will provide daily care to the ponies at Keysoe International. This is for a confident individual who is experienced with young horses. With a particular focus on Connemara Ponies, this role will be suited to someone who shows patience and pride in developing young horses, taking them from unbacked to a family friendly pony.
About the Role:
- General yard duties to include; feeding, mucking out, turning in/ out and all other tasks to maintain horse welfare
- Teaching, developing, training and producing of ponies
- Following guidance of external parties such as vet, farrier etc.
- Ensuring horse is given care as per care plan
- Cleaning and maintaining livery yard stables
- Health and Safety awareness
- Ad hoc activities as requested
- Passionate for horse wellbeing & healthcare
- Experienced in yard duties and horse grooming
- Ideally experience with developing young horses / ponies
- Keen eye for detail
- Team player – using the values to work together
- Confident in approach
- Takes pride in presentation and excellence