The IT Support & Systems Administrator deals with IT queries. Reporting into the Group Head of IT, the role holder will be responsible for preparation of new equipment and is point of contact for all Full Support Group colleagues. The role holder will administer IT infrastructure and provide 1st and 2nd line support to the users and also for Business Systems including ERP, CRM, Sage, BI.
- Configuring and upgrading desktop and laptop computers in a Windows networked environment including:
- Installing and configuring software e.g. Windows 10, Microsoft Office applications on Windows, and Apple Mac computers and laptops
- Set up and configure printers
- Set up and configure mobile phones, iPhones and iPads
- Deal with day-to-day user issues, in person and via email and telephone and Syncro.
- Dealing with general hardware issues with desktops, laptops, printers, iPhones, iPads, wireless networks, internet access, telephone system, etc.
- Dealing with general software issues with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Provide support to users within the FSG offices in the UK and remotely
- Assisting the rest of the IT Department in ensuring requests and queries of IT Related matters are dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Responsible for the administration of:
- VMware and Hyper-V hosts and Windows servers, Active Directory Services,
- wired and wireless networks Ubiquity/UniFi,
- Sophos Central Security software and hardware: AV, Email security, firewalls and MDM
- firewalls Watchguard, UniFi, CISCO Meraki,
- email systems: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, Microsoft 365
- on-premise/Cloud backup and Disaster Recovery, Veeam
- Get to know the company’s Business Systems and deal with related queries in the absence of the Head of IT e.g.: ERP/OrderWise, CRM/Salesforce, BI/Phocas, Sage 200, SharePoint.
- Any Ad-hoc duties as requested by Head of IT and the company’s management team in the absence of the Head of IT
- Keen eye for detail
- Team player – using the values to work together
- Flexible to support the requirements of each business
- Proven experience with TCP/IP, wired and wireless networks
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Exchange Server, Microsoft 365 product knowledge
- Confident in administering Cyber Security: firewalls, WiFi, Antivirus systems.
- SQL server and scripting knowledge
- Problem-solving skills